View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 12:20 PM   #462 (permalink)
fjasper
Bookworm

Sylvio 2 - '04 Audi allroad quattro Biturbo 6-spd
90 day: 25.09 mpg (US)

Atlas - '04 Audi allroad 2.7T 6MT
90 day: 25.09 mpg (US)
Long, Self-Aggrandizing Self Description.

Former airline pilot, simulator instructor and FAA designated examiner, an Afghanistan vet who thinks defense spending should be cut significantly, liberal libertarian, militant agnostic. Personally offensive skeptic who finds teaching to be one of life's most rewarding pursuits.

Libra.
Favorite color: Green.
Favorite song: WWIII or Amish Paradise, depending on mood.
Favorite Powerpuff Girl: Buttercup.
Favorite motorcycle: whichever one I'm riding at the time.
INTJ.

Big fan of the bill of rights (yes, all of them), the 14th amendment, and Weird Al, and believe that a smoking hole in the ground is a small price to pay for a $hit-hot maneuver. Sometimes.

An autocross racer and wannabe insult comic with a heart of gold, a beer gut and no appendix. A helmet-wearing motorcyclist who thinks American society's obsession with safety is a smokescreen for a culture of fear, consciously designed and deliberately maintained to make it easier to manipulate people and make them spend money.

A middle-aged law student whose goals include learning to weld (I don't know how I made it this far without getting around to it), modifying my twin turbo station wagon so it can exceed 155mph one day and get 30mpg the next, and building a small off-grid low maintenance home with a big hangar and workshop heated by annualized geosolar.

Suspicious of power, trusting of individuals, nervous in big groups, a neat freak with a can-do attitude and a high tolerance for electric shocks, small burns, and cuts and bruises. Optimistic about the ability of people to overcome adversity and take care of each other on a human timescale, and optimistic that the big-brained ape will turn out to be an evolutionary dead end on a geologic time scale.

To quote Johnny Bravo, I'm all that and a bag of chips. Actually two bags of chips. And a Mountain Dew.

Last edited by fjasper; 04-18-2013 at 12:29 AM.. Reason: Spelling, dangit. Personality change.