View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 08:31 PM   #149 (permalink)
hmiwb
EcoModding Lurker

Rover - '10 Mazda Tribute isport
Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmeebryan View Post
So i was on the Palisades Parkway today, coming home from work around 5:30pm. There was some congestion but traffic was holding the speed limit (55) steadily. I moved over to the left lane (2-lane highway) because cars were entering the highway from an on ramp. I'm doing 55mph holding a steady throttle position, about 50 feet between me and the car infront of me. This guy comes flying up on my back bumper, sits there for about 10 seconds, then starts flashing his highbeams on and off franticly. So this happens for about a half mile until we approach the next exit. The car on my right side proceeded to get off the exit, so there was an opening on my right side. The guy continues to flash his lights for another like 5 seconds, then jerks over to the right lane, floors it, and passes me...... hanging out the window showing me the bird. As soon as he passes me, he jerks infront of me, almost rear ended the car ahead in the right lane in the process. 2 miles up the road, Theres congestion again, but this time slower traffic, about 35-40 mph. I was in the right lane at this time, he was up another person's bumper. I just rolled on by with the engine off, laughing at him and proceeded on my way.

Ecomodder's always win!
I had a similar experience today with an even better ending. I was driving the speed limit on a two lane road when a big Dodge pickup roared up behind me. He tailgated me until he could pass and then flew around me. Just a few hundred feet up the road a highway patrolman pulled over to make a u-turn, chased the guy down and was getting ready to write a ticket as we tooled by. Justice served.... :-)