View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 09:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
russell mcdonnell
EcoModding Lurker

Low impedance injectors, scope trace

Hi Folks,

I've got a Freeduino in mostly working order and just need a decent VSS and INJ signal. I have broken out the injector signal from the Motronic DME in my 1989 Porsche 944, and I thought I'd get a few ideas about suitable conditioning. I've attached some scope traces at idle.

So a pulse goes low from about 14V to close to 0V when the injector is fired, and this pulse is around 10us low (0V), 20us high (+14V) repeated for around 1.5mS when the pulsing turns off (second trace). The big spike is back emf as the injector turns off, I'm guessing it takes a further 500uS until the pintle shuts.

I'm assuming I need to turn the low and fast pulsing for 1.5ms into something that ideally is a single pulse high for 1.5ms providing +5V as an input for the INJ signal to the Mpguino, and this signal needs to track any injector pulse width changes.

I have some idea of using a retriggerable 555 timer, to give me a pulse of say 30us, that is retriggered by any further low going pulses. Any other ideas, methods or suggestions, accepted wisdom etc.

Cheers
Russell

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	500us_10VC.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	7998   Click image for larger version

Name:	10us_10V.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	7999