View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 02:05 AM   #17 (permalink)
laack
EcoModding Lurker

Its not often that 4wd is needed, but those few times a year that you do it is worth it! My winter camping trips usually involve back roads that aren't always plowed well or traveled often. its not a good place to get stuck. I don't want to list all the reasons for a 4wd other than the fact that I need it even if its just once a year.

There seems to be alot of hate for the 4WD pickup or maybe its just the idea of a gas guzzler in general. Considering that its not my daily driver I can accept junk for MPG. my civic may have 230xxx on the odo now, but its running strong while putting 15-20k per year at 50+ mpg average.

An SUV is not a good option for me due to the fact that i toss random junk in the bed that doesn't always fit in an enclosed trunk. ie: bed mattress and greasy car parts. I have moved 4 times in the last 2 years for work and expect to move again this august.

I am leaning towards a MT Nissan Frontier crew cab. economy is average for the 02 range. The rangers and b series mazdas seem to have retained a little higher resale value so I unfortunately have to rule them out. an F150 just sucks down too much gas for me to swallow.

Last edited by laack; 03-24-2011 at 02:11 AM..