View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 07:50 PM   #43 (permalink)
tasdrouille
Master EcoModder

The Guzzler - '08 Hyundai Elantra GL
90 day: 33.12 mpg (US)

Got Soul? - '11 Kia Soul 2U
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Mike, that bites. I figure you'd probably do well in this format.

I'm considering going, but not competing.

Martin - you going? Carpool?

Honestly, I find April too early in the year, and doing it on a weekday is likely inconvenient for many.

Also, as much as a track day sounds like fun, I'd prefer to see an event on public roads where competitors have to behave "normally" (avg. speed) and take into account regular traffic.
I might be going, although it would be very inconvenient for me and my family given the timing and how early it is in the season. Carpooling would be a little complicated. I would leave Montreal at roughly 15h30 Thursday after work. So that would make it 21h30-22h00 at Watkins Glen. And I also plan on sleeping in my car.

If you have have a good sleeping bag, a beanie, and don't mind a bit of cold you'd be free to join me. There would be room for two in the Kia with legs slightly folded (5'4" from seats back to trunk).

I would have preferred a little later in the season. I'm sure it would have been a whole lot of fun to camp at the Glen's campgrounds with everyone on a Friday night.

This will be a serious TSD rally though. Fuel economy appears to be second to being on time. Bill has made it clear the average speed will have to be between 49 and 55 mph.

I still need to convince my wife to let me go though.

www.HyperKilometreur.com - Quand chaque goutte compte...