View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 01:02 AM   #16 (permalink)
d0sitmatr
n00b.... sortof..

silver fire - '03 Mazda Protege5
90 day: 32.52 mpg (US)
2 things I noticed
  • 1. as mentioned, it looks like your getting more disturbance from the wheel well back with the discs installed, but it also looks to me like (from the direction of that disturbance) its coming from inside the wheel well.
  • 2. the affect of the car doing the videoing, when they pulled forward a little, you could see the disturbance it had on the airflow of the vibe. I think to get a better idea of this would be to use a motorcycle as to have as little effect on airflow around the vibe as possible

from the looks of the shadows and such, I dont think there was much time between the two tests, and while I do understand that 15 mins is all that is needed for changing weather patterns, I dont think that happened here. but, we cant tell if there is any other vehicles on the road ahead, which would greatly affect the airflow.
lastly, you need to run the tufts all the way to the rear to garner correct wind patterns, as the rear most tufts seemed to me to have less movement in the 2nd vid than in the first.