View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 07:57 AM   #31 (permalink)
SVOboy
Dartmouth 2010

Vegan Powa! - '91 Honda CRX DX
Team Honda
90 day: 66.52 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to SVOboy Send a message via MSN to SVOboy Send a message via Yahoo to SVOboy
I agree that as far as expectations are concerned it's a pretty safe bet, but I think Japan has an opportunity to take the billions that would go into starting a new program and putting it into major consumer incentives to purchase solar, which would not only generate a good flow of revenue here, but also encourage some of Japan's companies to expand their considerable solar investments.

Plus, and this is not something that most people outside of Japan really understand too well, Japanese people really don't like nuclear power to begin with. The public was basically dragged kicking and screaming into accepting nuclear power, and this incident, which is going to drag on and dominate the news for months, isn't going to liken the new generation of Japanese to nuclear at all.

Anyway, when all is settled down I think we could see the Japanese government taking advantage of what seems like a big opportunity at the right time.