View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 02:07 PM   #77 (permalink)
Hip001
In God we trust!

01 Beetle - '01 VW Beetle TDI
90 day: 42.33 mpg (US)

Black 450h - '14 Lexus 450h
[QUOTE=euromodder;230115]UFO's talking about the New Beetle.

It's a diesel, and they are heavier.
QUOTE]

I understand the basic principal and the New Beetle as the topic, but I'd bet the 1955 Fairlane was not any lighter! I could of been the truck driver size steering wheel that made it easier!!!
I still like the clutch on the PS pump idea but have yet to find out how much gain it would be without it. Does anyone actually know if the PS pump puts enough resistance on the motor to make a real mpg difference? I know I know in THEORY it does, B U T is there "real daily driven" proof??

I believe that Ten improvements of 1% = 10% But with that being said (my own personal concern) is a duck tail, plexiglass windowed, stripped down, no AC, radio, or power steering car gonna work for me as a daily driver? and to get more real, bottom line, is it cost worth it in return?
I love this site but from my own perspective at this point in my life, i have to get some real $ return on the cash i spend. While I respect and give props to the people who can throw cash at a project just to say & prove I'm getting 100mpg, I ,on the other hand, do not have the funds for this.

Last edited by Hip001; 04-06-2011 at 02:22 PM..