View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 03:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
War_Wagon
5 Gears of Fury

Spunky - '90 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 35.56 mpg (US)
Great, thanks for all the input everyone. As you can tell I know nothing about these cars, and it just came up 2 days ago so I haven't really had time to do much research. I believe the car has an almost new 12 volt battery in it, so I should be good there. As soon as I get a chance to put insurance on it I will test out the battery pack on one of the local big hills.

I am assuming the 1.0L has a timing belt, and since I don't know when that was last changed, I will probably get that replaced just to be safe. An oil change and a gearbox fluid change are in order too, can anyone recommend the best choice in brand and viscosity in a synthetic oil for it? I assume the gearbox takes 10w30 like in my Civic, but is there a better choice? Also, is a K&N air filter a good idea, or should I just leave that alone for now?

I will try to get some pics of it and post them later today. Thanks again for all the help!