View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 02:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
gasman
EcoModding Lurker

91 Integra eco mods?

background....

I recently bought it off of a relative because she didn't want to put up with a leak it had, and no cruise control (she wasn't even driving it). A tube of caulking, a bolt, and a couple hours work later there is no more leak and cruise control works like new. I wanted it because it gets decent gas mileage (30+ vs my truck's ~19mpg). ... but anyway, problems fixed, so on to fuel efficiency

Anyone have a G2 integra and have any advice? What is the optimal speed for fuel efficiency? (peak)

So far I ripped out seats and whatnot to get to the carpet and remove it (originally to clean it)... but I think I'll leave the carpet out. it's dingy (might be hard to clean thoroughly/reliably) and it weighs a ton, so I've put the driver's seat back in it alone for the time being.

At 55 mph in 5th it's at over 2.5k rpm. I know that's what it's designed for (perhaps to retain acceleration at higher speeds, or to attain higher top speeds), but it seems wasteful to me. Has anyone ever added an OD or other form of gear ratio change?

Any cheap/free mods? Any common mpg sucking problems? (I've changed brake pads, and fixed a stuck caliper).

I don't have any long-term mpg calculations yet, but it seems to get around 33 mpg... I want more Unfortunately, that is with hypermiling (well, the methods that are actually productive). TN is hilly It's like 15 seconds of full acceleration... then 15 seconds of coasting. and repeat for duration of trip. it sucks.

Thanks in advance!