View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 01:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
erichans
EcoModding Lurker

Any Experience With HHO as a Combustion Enhancer?

Hi,
I've read a lot of what's on EcoModder, but this is the first time I'm posting.

I have , for over a year, been looking at some of the wonderful things people at Ecomodder are doing with various vehicles and posting their thoughts, mods with pics, marvellous projects for hybridising, fuel economy tips, tricks and projects, streamlining, and so much more. Not to mention doubts and requests for help and advice.

It takes a lot of people with a lot of passion and plenty of blood, sweat and tears to take on, shell out the $$$, test out pet theories, fail, test again, succeed, and I always have a salute for these single-minded tenacious individuals with a mission.

Conspicuous by its absence, however, is any reference to, or practical work done, on combustion enhancers like the use of HHO (by electrolysis of water), which is claimed to burn a greater proportion of the normal air/fuel thus extracting more of its potential for giving out more energy, this resulting in better mileage, smoother combustion, less carbon buildup, etc. -----and perhaps moving us ever closer toward the Holy Grail we're all here for---- highest mileage!!

Discounting the tall claims, on the one hand, from persons out to make a fast buck, and the vociferous brigade ridiculing the concept as impossible on the other, I took a look at quite a few of the hundreds of videos out on You Tube and a few dozen of the thousands of pages of information on Google. Call me gullible, but the arguments, feasibility and projects, including the controlling electronics, caused me pause and a double take! Sometimes, its so to discount a possibility when one equates it with an over-unity situation, without going too deeply into it----which this is not.

There's a famous, (or infamous!) .pdf doing the rounds I found particularly fascinating called "HHO Chapter 10". Costs nothing to download and have a read---and a laugh..........or maybe not. Could give pause for a bit of reflection. (If you have a problem getting it, just PM or post me your email address and I'd be glad to send it over).

One thing is certain---no EcoModder, as I've been able to gather so far, has a closed mind. Its a contradiction in terms! I would love to see this topic discussed, debunked-----or maybe even ratified. If there is any truth in it wouldn't it give us all a huge boost? And if there isn't, its just another possibility studied then firmly ticked off the list!

I do apologize if I have missed any reference to work done in this area on the forums. I, as I'm sure you, would love to hear more about this on this thread.

Regards,

Erich.

Last edited by erichans; 04-12-2011 at 01:55 AM.. Reason: Punctuation and modification of sense.