View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 10:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Incienso
EcoModding Lurker

Adela - '07 Chevrolet HHR 1LT
Team Chevy
90 day: 27.78 mpg (US)
HHR driver seeks to improve mileage

Hey everybody, I work at an engineering company in ann arbor and I want to stretch each $4 gallon of gas as far as it will take me because I'm also a poor student.

My problem is that I drive a 2007 Chevrolet HHR with every single aero-sucking option bolted on to it. It has the running boards, and the rear spoiler, and the roof rack with crossbars. Not a single other HHR I've seen in either Flint or A2 has all three. (or even roof rack and spoiler together!)

So lately I've been trying to adjust the nut behind the wheel, it's been going okay but you know you're starting from NOTHING if you consider 24mpg in mixed driving to be a good result.

In addition to further tweaking of the nut behind the wheel (perhaps some LARTing is in order as well) I'm going to hopefully get my hands on some scrap coroplast from campaign signs, for an upper grille block and rear wheel skirts. Maybe later I'll go into the crazy kammback and boattail things I've seen with aerocivic and MetroMPG. That's actually why I registered, I thought they were brilliant let crazy....

Let's see how this goes and If nothing else this will be a learning experience and so I don't drive so inefficiently.