View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 09:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
suspectnumber961
EcoModding Alien Observer

highcountryexplorer - '86 Nissan 720 KC 4x4 ST with fiberglass cap
90 day: 21.78 mpg (US)

Elroy - '03 Ford Focus ZX3 w/Zetec DOHC engine
90 day: 32.89 mpg (US)
I'm going to be "testing" Motorsilk in auto trans...engine...and gas maybe this month. As you mention...the additive is supposed to be added to a warm engine in new oil and run for at least 5 minutes? Considering the cost...I'll be using a flush in the old oil and changing in new oil and filter...then driving around for an hour or so after adding it.

If you have a higher mileage engine (over 100K)...they recommend changing out the oil filter after so many miles...saving and then re-adding this oil...if you think the filter might be getting clogged....but not putting in new oil which removes the additive.

If I were to test with the data you're getting....I'd test vs the same weight and brand of oil and give the additive a few K miles to deposit itself before testing. And I'd compare GPH after warm up.

* saw your testing protocols after posting this...I just do "cumulative mpg testing"...I try stuff I think might work and see if my mpg gets better....none of that A-B-A stuff for me....

Forty-six percent of Americans believe in the creationist view that God created humans in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years. GALLUP POLL

Last edited by suspectnumber961; 04-12-2011 at 09:24 PM..