View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 01:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
jtbo
Master EcoModder

ZX - '97 Citroen ZX Monaco
OldContinents
90 day: 61.05 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMPVW73 View Post
Your thinking is correct but your wording is a bit odd.
You mentioned your country’s roads but didn’t say where you live. Your garage says Monaco; is that where you live?

Coroplast is not an exotic material. It is just corrugated plastic board and it will survive rain much better than using cardboard. A good source in the US is political election signs that you can pick up for free after voting is over. I don’t know if they have that sort of thing where you live but it shouldn’t be difficult to find for purchase.
Monaco is actually trim level of my car, but I indeed live in Europe and in here it seems to be not so common material. It seems that our politics are still stuck into cardboard and paper.

I do have a welding machine and sheetmetal, so maybe using that, but it is lot of added weight then, I must research a bit if I can find something similar for coroplast.

First tests I'm thinking of doing with cardboard and duct tape, that way I get samples which I can cut more rigid material.

If it rains, cardboard will 'melt' so that is not good for anything else than quick testing. I really wish to find local source for coroplast or alike as it would be really easy material to work on.