View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 01:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Thanks for these responses. And SentraSE, thanks for the link to your very thorough prior test. I had only searched EM for tests. Question: was the MAF a factor in your results? My 1998 Honda does not have one, so my results my provide valid and totally different results, no?. Was the lack of a heat shield a factor in your results? My exhaust manifold is in the front... maybe I have that "natural" heat shield one poster to your test described? What I don't have is cruise control, but I have found a very flat section of freeway which I will double to the same 20 miles you drove. After that... I have throttle position and engine load readings on the Ultra Gauge as well as a very steady foot on a car I have driven for ten years. That'll have to do. In the end bias in favor of my mod is not something I am concerned about because I want FE much more than a WAI. If the WAI works for FE, I want to keep it, and if it does not work for FE, I want to eliminate it. I also will seek a section of roadway to run a slower speed test too, as suggested. Most importantly, thanks for your assistance.