View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 03:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
beatr911
Master EcoModder

B2300 - '96 Mazda B2300 SE

Focus - '05 Ford Focus ST

The red car - '00 Honda Insight
Janvos, Thanks for the ride report on Craigs bike. It lends an additional viewpoint and validation of the descriptions Craig has laid out about it. I especially like the points about lots of leg room, low seat height and front suspension and diameter comments.

Craig has done and now proved what efficiency minded motorcyclists thought was correct but didn't or couldn't put into practice. Sometimes it takes one who can-do to pull along the rest of us that want-to on a new path.

As part of Craigs efforts, excellent chronology of the events leading up to the current state of the art, and comments like yours, I'm making plans to make a version of my own. It will use as many commercially available, off the shelf parts as possible, and address the shortcomings mentioned above. I just hope life events don't relegate it to a never-again rideable frankenbike.

I also hope that projects like this will inspire others to complete creation of iterations of aerodynamic motorcycles. Just maybe the state of the art will finally be pushed forward from it's currently aerodynamically stagnant state.

Thanks again for the review!

-Garth