View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 04:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
I plan to contact whatever institution is responsible to find out how to make permanent versions of my mods legal. Just in case. So far the police has only been interested in taking pictures of my car, though I was close to failing my inspection once. If a police, border patrol or customs officer decides that you might be trying to hide something with your bellypan, or that your wheelskirts may fly off in traffic, then having papers for it will put you in a much better position during the discussion.

When I bought my coroplast I believe it was 2x3m (it cost around 30€, iirc??), so when I went to pick it up I had to cut it up in the parking lot. My advice is to know beforehand exactly how you'll want to cut it so that later you don't end up with bits and pieces you can't use.

If you make the kammback so that it doesn't extend beyond the rear bumper then you won't have to worry about red flags and such. I would love to have my rear window at the rear of the kammback to slightly increase trunk space. I've needed that space on more than one occasion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbo View Post
Our police has been replaced by speed cameras, so much that even I spend 3 times more on road than average person, can't even remember when I did saw police last time and if there is a police they seem to be not very interested from mods, so even I get bit illegal side, there is much of real danger of getting caught.
Just because you don't see them, doesn't mean that they don't see you...

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread

Last edited by Piwoslaw; 04-14-2011 at 04:12 PM..