View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 04:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
jtbo
Master EcoModder

ZX - '97 Citroen ZX Monaco
OldContinents
90 day: 61.05 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwoslaw View Post
I plan to contact whatever institution is responsible to find out how to make permanent versions of my mods legal. Just in case. So far the police has only been interested in taking pictures of my car, though I was close to failing my inspection once. If a police, border patrol or customs officer decides that you might be trying to hide something with your bellypan, or that your wheelskirts may fly off in traffic, then having papers for it will put you in a much better position during the discussion.

When I bought my coroplast I believe it was 2x3m (it cost around 30€, iirc??), so when I went to pick it up I had to cut it up in the parking lot. My advice is to know beforehand exactly how you'll want to cut it so that later you don't end up with bits and pieces you can't use.

Just because you don't see them, doesn't mean that they don't see you...
That is probably best plan to cut it when picking it up, have to make plans for it before ordering then.

I spend so much time on road that I can spot their unmarked cars quite well too, but it is better to have mods perfectly legal.

I don't think that here they actually will even mark those mods even if asked, pedestrian safety is something they are bit frantic about, but with these older vehicles it is much easier, when it is well secured and has no sharp edges where person could hurt themselves, then it is ok by inspection.

But if one adds even bit of horsepower to engine, that is where things get problematic.

It would be nice to have officials to understand that it is best for all to make these improvements to vehicles, they should be helping instead of limiting, imo.

Reduction of police on road is supported also by statistics, resources are really low and they have priorized things quite a bit.

I'm going to put bellypan only under engine/gearbox and to rear part of car as between there is rather flat area, but I will need to put some sideskirts as there is so large area between tires that is curved too much inside.

Coroplast like material if only 5mm thick and 1.5m x 2.7m in size would be here price similar to what you got, but our prices here seem to be 3 times what they are 1000km from here, so maybe I have to think that I have found it cheap