View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 02:07 PM   #28 (permalink)
Nerys
Grrr :-)

Cherokee - '88 Jeep Cherokee
90 day: 19.44 mpg (US)

Ryo-Ohki - '94 Geo Metro Xfi
90 day: 50.15 mpg (US)

Vger 2 - '00 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE

Ninja - '89 Geo Tracker
90 day: 30.27 mpg (US)
Hmmm maybe they are 10.5's I just remember that the place said they were the skinniest the skinniest 31's they had at the time and were Just skinny enough to fit the stock rims (keeping the stock rims was a requirement for me) When I see the jeep tommorrow I will try to remember to write down the numbers. Been a long time :-)

And when its time to work on the jeep sorry baby out comes the hose :-)

Here we have the 10% ethanol 90% gasoline which for me at least has been disastrous. IT must be relatively unique to me or something as I imagine more people would complain if they lost 30% of there economy or are people just that not caring?

On my van I was able to show conclusively the 14.5% drop in economy. At the time when I noticed this massive drop and thought something was wrong I noticed the Ethanol notices. SO I went to a pump WITHOUT the stickers and asked. They confirmed they were not on ethanol yet. So I filled up there. by the next fill up my mpg jumped RIGHT back to where it was before.

Alas they eventually all went to ethanol addition of 10% and almost instantly my economy dropped 14.5% again. I did the math. 10% ethanol means 10% less foreign oil but a 14.5% decrease in economy means I am actually now buying 4 % MORE foreign oil. Go Figure and its sucking up our water and raising the cost of grain. Joy. :-(

Hmm I do travel to the mountains now and then but there is no way I can see to separate the effect of altitude from the effect of the mountainous terrain itself :-)