View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 02:38 PM   #4639 (permalink)
MPaulHolmes
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
I'm not sure what software version you have, but 1.11b or later won't fit on the atmega8 I believe. You need the atmega168. And in ponyprog, the fuse bits shoud be:
extended high low = 08 dc f7, but in AVR Studio, it should be F8 DC F7. haha. Changing the fuse bits changes the frequency (and it changes other things too). You should transfer coug-unified-16k.hex in ponyprog. It has both the bootloader and the main program in one hex file.

HEY! I tested all 3 1000amp controllers on teh electric bike. haha. I need to test it in the car I guess, or just ship the dang things once I add the enclosures. Voltage monitoring works nicely. I added a variable that allows you to trim the voltage monitoring circuit so it will be perfectly accurate. They were all within a few volts before tuning it, but now it will be perfect. hurray! Also, it's just another programmable variable.

Also, the precharge circuit stops when the capacitors are full, so I did away with the precharge timer. Once dv/dt is less than 1 volt per second, and if the voltage is at least 24v (so it's not a shorted mosfet situation) and less than max_voltage, it closes the main contactor. max_voltage (default of 185v) is also programmable through the serial port. If the voltage just keeps climbing because some little stinker is trying to run a 300v pack, once the precharge gets past max_voltage, it opens the precharge relay, and freezes the controller, never closing the main contactor.
teraamper (04-23-2011)