View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 12:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Ford Man
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
Gotta log in to view.
Sorry I didn't realize you'd have to log in, I don't know much about computers, but I think I have figured out how to copy and paste it here. I'll give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Man View Post
I'm asking for everyone to remember my brother in prayer, he was involved in an auto accident last night and is in the trauma unit at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, TN. There was a cow in the middle of the road and it was already dark, so apparently he didn't see it until it was too late. They had to life flight him from the accident scene in KY to Nashville, TN (about 80-85 miles away). He was able to talk to them at the accident scene last last night and told them his name. His wife's brother was one of the first ones to come up on the accident after it happened and even after seeing him, he didn't know who it was until my brother was able to tell them his name. The doctors are saying either every bone or nearly every bone in his face is broken and they currently have him on a ventilator to help him breath. I've been over to see him today and just from the looks of his head and face I have to say he's lucky to be alive. He's still got the neck brace on that they put on him at the scene of the accident, because they can't do an MRI on his neck until they can get some of the medical equipment removed from him. They have him heavily sedated, but the nurses have ask him a couple times to give them a thumbs up and he has responded. I think he realizes we are there even though he can't talk to us, because a couple times while I was in to see him the nurses were working with him and he started fighting it, but I told him everything was alright and he would stop fighting with them and let them do whatever they were doing. My mom also said while she was back to see him, his wife mentioned their grand daughters name to him and he moved his eye brows as if he were responding. The doctors have already told us it's going to be a long drawn out process and that he would have to have multiple surgeries on his face. At least he's at the best trauma hospital in this area and probably one of the best in the nation. Everyone just please remember him and pray that everything works out good for him.
Ah ha, it worked!!