View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 11:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
pbryantr
EcoModding Lurker

The Shamrock - '80 Volvo 245 DL
Was lurking, now registered...

Hello there,
What a fascinating site. I find myself lurking around these parts every now and then, and just decided to up and register.

A little about myself and my car:
I work as a state government drone and have a 45-48 mile round-trip commute daily. That wouldn't be a problem for most people, but I drive a 1980 Volvo 245. I am a big believer in keeping older cars on the road and finding/developing ways to make them last longer and become more efficient.

The 245 has terrible gas mileage, which, in large part, is likely caused by the archaic three-speed automatic. I usually drive a car with a manual trans, but my wife can't drive a stick. (Believe me, I've tried to teach her...)

I've looked through your pages for ideas on how to make my car more fuel-efficient. I will get around to making the mods as soon as I can find some materials.

I have been following the instrumentation thread with much interest. A ScanGauge won't work with my car because it is pre-OBD. I've looked up and down the internet and then pretty much given up until I found the thread about OS instrumentation, so I'm following that one.

Efficiently yours,

Bryant