View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 04:06 PM   #149 (permalink)
Thymeclock
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesqf View Post
That's a really interesting tactic: you accuse the other person of doing what you've been doing all along, so as to distract attention from the fact that you've been doing it.
Non-responsive, as usual. Now you have descended to arguing about arguing.

Quote:
Most ordinary people accept dictionary definitions. You don't. That's all there is to it.

Quote:
Sure. Most people are willing to accept authority, instead of actually thinking for themselves.

You sound like a 'rebel without a cause'. Why not dismiss every word in the dictionary, including language and grammar? Do you see how absurd your response is? That your rejection of a dictionary definition is based upon your saying it is authoritarian? Your stated position is that those who accept a dictionary definition are incapable of "actually thinking for themselves". That's just another non sequitur, illogical conclusion you draw, but it's not surprising after having seen so many others from you. You have a rationalization for everything - but that's all you have, baseless rationalizations.

Re:"What I said needs no ad hominem "translation" from you."

Quote:
"Ad hominem"? Now weren't you just complaining about me not accepting your dictionary definitions? Suggest you look up the definition... No, I'll even save you the effort: Ad hominem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Pointing out that you are unwilling/unable to provide data to support your argument doesn't fit the definition, even when I employ sarcasm.
Your reply ("translation") was once again non-responsive to the point made, nothing but an attack, sarcasm included. When I made my point you offered nothing but diversionary sarcasm in response. Here it is again:

"What I said needs no ad hominem "translation" from you. If you do your homework, you will find reasonably priced property. I refuse to do your research or your shopping for you."

"But the real issue is that by your own admission, you want property given to you for FREE! Go see a realtor and tell him you want a beautiful "LARGE" tract of land (or even a small lot) but you don't want to pay anything for it. They will laugh you out of their office, as well they should."

The important thing is that you did not deny it and still cannot deny it, because it is the truth. I have quoted your absurdities and addressed them point by point, and you virtually never quote me in return (because your tactic is to interject diversions instead). Having covered every contention you ever made in this long thread you never respond to my refutation of them, and so they stand unchallenged. All that you now have left in defense of your arguments is pure sarcasm. That speaks for itself.