View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 05:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
imzjustplayin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffen707 View Post
So has anybody figured out if the ecu operates properly without the b7 ecu pin hooked up? Also, does this pin see voltage or ground when the clutch is out?

Can any vx owner out there unplug this clutch switch and tell the rest of us what happens if its unplugged?

If it is only activated when the clutch is all the way out, you could just feed it 5 volts or ground, whichever it is suppose to see, all the time and then not worry about it.
Well the switch is definitely used for the upshift switch, however in the service manual it mentions this switch when you're troubleshooting idle control issues so I think there is a little more to it. I don't feel it's right to ask VX owners to disconnect their switch only to have them discover they notice no difference because most VX owners don't have working switches in the first place! I've "repaired" this clutch switch before but for the purpose of fixing the cruise control. Also I'd say most VX owners don't have their cars running in tip top shape anyhow so it's hard to say that a working switch would help. Either way, better to fix or replace the switch than to just trick it.