View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 03:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
ranger40mpg
EcoModding Lurker

09 Ranger fuel economy mods

Hi Guys,
I have a 09 Ranger 4 litre standard shift. I live in Canada so my fuel economy will be in litres per 100 kilometres.
I have done a couple of mods already. My base fuel economy was just under 10 litres per 100 kilometres which is almost 28 mpg to an imperial gallon. I pumped the tires up to 40 psi. They are Goodyear wrangler and this pressure is still under the max. I put in Castrol syntec 5w30 oil. I also added a G3 bakflip to cover the bed. My mileage so far now is about 9.5L/100k at 100 to 105 kph. So farI'm very happy with the mileage. I drive very carefully and am doing a lot of the 65 tips on this website.
I need as many tips as you guys can give me to increase fuel economy. Have people tried headers or a catback system. I'm thinking about lowering the truck and a belly pan. I do metal work for a living so this will be no problem. What about an electric fan. Any suggestion is worth considering. The truck now has just over 15000 kms so its very new.
I'm leaving soon for western Canada to work so I will let you all know what my average is for the 4500 km trip.
Thank you ecomodder people for your input. I can't wait to get started.