View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 11:42 PM   #64 (permalink)
msc
EcoModding Lurker

dcb, there is more then one way to skin a cat I'm not saying any one way is wrong. I made a suggestion I thought could improve the function and explained the reason behind it. If you don't like it then don't use it. I don't see any benefit to nit picking it further. Many of your points seemed argumentative rather then seeking to advance the technical discussion. I have the feeling if I try to address your comments you will reply with more argument. If there are any points you really want me to comment on I would be happy to address them.

Back to the point of the thread.

FalconFour, I think I sorted out your notations of flow but I don't have a good point of reference to base your interface changes on. I have been putting an MPGuino together based on an Arduino Nano board. I have it wired other then the input signal conditioning and have not gotten around to installing in the car yet. The 0.86 code seems to load and run with Arduino. I have cycled through the pages but I haven't even tried doing the setup yet so I have no experience using the instrument. It's hard to comment on changes to something I haven't really used.

Don't get discouraged by the minimal feedback. This sort of information can be difficult to get people to consider in detail and comment about.

There are a couple features I would like to see. Different people will use the instrument in different ways so many will want different sets of screens in the rotation. There should be a way to select which screens are in the rotation. This could either be by configuration settings or make it really easy to find and comment out the code for each screen.

The clock is near the top of my wish list for new features. A tach is another function I would like. When it comes to added signals I think the vehicle battery voltage stands out as both easy and useful.

To address some requests for auxiliary input channels a universal analog channel may be useful. This would be an uncommitted analog input channel that you can apply a gain and offset then display it. This could be used for the battery voltage or a wide range of sensors like current or temperature.

Mike