View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 01:41 PM   #76 (permalink)
msc
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb View Post
Of course, something that might be entirely appropriate to prototype in arduino is a cda program (that hopefully runs on mpguino hardware). So that folks with a mpguino can swap in a CDA chip when they are doing aeromods..
I had considered the idea of an alternate program that just does the drag calculation. I think rather then continuing the discussion in this thread I may start a thread for this topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb View Post
I would point out that you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a clock. As well as it takes time/rom to sort out the interface for setting the clock, so what is the value proposition for adding a clock?
When I swing a dead cat in my car it strikes the dash right where I would like to install my MPGuino.

In considering installation options for an MPGuino in my CRX the place I think will be best for use is where the dash clock is mounted. I don't want to give up my dash clock so I would want the instrument to display a clock when I'm not using it for something else. If I retain interest in the project long enough to do it I can fit the MPGuino inside the OEM clock module. Power and ground are all supplied to the clock module so the only extra wires required would be for the injector and speed signals. I would also bring out a USB cable for reprogramming in place.

A clock routine that meets my needs has been developed already. I'm just voicing support for FalconFour to include it with this project. There should be a large display clock available. The clock can be included with other small displays but to be useful for me it should have a large size screen of it's own.

Mike