View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 10:28 PM   #79 (permalink)
redyaris
Master EcoModder

redyaris - '07 Toyota Yaris
Team Toyota
90 day: 45.54 mpg (US)

Gray - '07 Suzuki GS500 F
Motorcycle
90 day: 70.4 mpg (US)

streamliner1 - '83 Honda VT500 streamliner
Motorcycle
90 day: 75.63 mpg (US)

White Whale - '12 Sprinter 2500 Cargo Van
90 day: 22.01 mpg (US)
With respect to trailer design what I had in mind was to keep the deck the same hieght but to fill in the under deck area with cargo bays that would improve aerodynamics and could be used to store gear or for smaller parcels that could generate income in addition to the load on the deck or inside the van. When I see the trucks used to transeport race teams they are much better aerodynamicaly. This design is also seen in Europe [higher fuel prices] transporting other types of goods.
What I suspect is that the low price of fuel was the major driver for the design of transport trucks and other motor vehicles. The fuel price increas will, I suspect, generate demand for more fuel efficint motor vehicles. When I play the blame game I devide the blame 1/3 governments, 1/3 corporations, and 1/3 the indevidual, like you and me. No matter how much we blame others for things we have some control over the solution will demand that we take responcebility for our [1/3] part, like so many of us on this site do.