View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 11:02 AM   #14 (permalink)
kawboyCAFE
EcoModding Apprentice

NinFo - '09 kawasaki ninja 250R
hey mpgking: i have a 2009 ninja 250 myself. i have changed the gears on mine also.
i have a 15 on the front and a 42 on the rear, both steel jtsprockets. get steel, because aluminum sprockets wont last long for everyday driving. my bike runs like it should now after the gearing change. the stock setup was too low geared. it has helped my fuel mileage and highway riding immensely. i now average mid to high 60s' in mpg, without even trying. i use to get worse because i was riding it hard, so my fuelly average will show high 50s'. if i was trying i could probably get close to 75-80. my new gearing has dropped my rpm alot at highway speed. a definant improvement. i think at an actual 70 mph i am running like 7000 rpm. the older ninja 250 ninjas got a little better mpg because they were cammed for better top end. the newer ninja 250s are cammed for better mid-range, so better real world power is at tap. i hope this helps.

i have a zero gravity sport touring windscreen also. you'll love it. probably the best mod
i have done yet. you might want to look at the roaring toys 1" handlebar riser blocks, and the 2" rear lowering links from pro-tech. together, they are the second best mod i have done.

Last edited by kawboyCAFE; 04-26-2011 at 11:15 AM..