View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 07:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
euromodder
Master EcoModder

The SCUD - '15 Fiat Scudo L2
Welcome to ecomodder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjones View Post
Solid engine mounts. But they're coming off as they make the whole car shake. That said, solid engine mounts do increase efficiency.
Inventive, but not really practical

New shocks will also help a bit to reduce the energy being wasted on rocking the engine back and forth.

Quote:
(Reminder: I need to take the new thermostat out of the glove box and install it in the engine.)
I've only ever had the thermostat fail on a diesel, and it seriously impaired both the fuel mileage and driveability. I'd replace it asap.

Quote:
Will pizza pans fit my 13" wheels?
Plenty of people here with pizza pans.
IIRC, they mostly use 1 size bigger, i.e. 14" pizza pans on 13" rims.

Quote:
Did you know the front mud flaps can be switched left to right and mounted in front of the rear wheels to be used as rear wheel spoilers? Well, on my Tercel, that is. I'm thinking I might give that a try. Thoughts anyone?
It's been done by some members here.
One of them with a Mini.

Quote:
Would a performance computer chip, up my MPG? The chip makers claim it does but they are in the business of selling chips.
If it also significantly increases torque at fairly low revs, it might help.

Hypermiling, you're not going anywhere near the upper end of the powerband - so whatever improvement you get there is lost to the cause

Quote:
Rear fender skirts are a given but I'm thinking I might run the skirts from front to rear, slightly increasing the frontal area but closing up all the fender openings. Thoughts?
Be careful when adding frontal area - you could end up paying for it while the benefits of the closed fender openings hide the loss.

Quote:
I almost never use the rear doors and the door handles are already broken so I'm thinking I might weld up the holes. It's easy enough to reach inside to open the rear doors.
There isn't much to be gained by filling these holes, but if you're not using them anyway, then why not.