View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 04:33 PM   #209 (permalink)
jamesqf
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanspeed1 View Post
Most people have not, and still don't think like you in these United States when it comes to efficiency and money.
But we were not discussing most people in the United States, but the people who participate in this forum. They (we) are a self-selected community of people who do think like that: why else would so many of us be willing to spend more to achieve efficiency than we'll ever save on gas? And also, quite a few of us aren't in the US.

Quote:
I do know someone who helped me and my wife get our home get seriously marginalized because of what he invented.
Accepting that at face value, being marginalized is a long, long way from being killed in order to suppress an invention.

Quote:
The fact that you require proof is irrelevant and will not be dignified with a response.
You mean I'm supposed to believe your bare statement that there are all these dead inventors out there somewhere? Sure I am: even your average crooked prosecutor (if that's not an oxymoron) usually wants to know where the body's buried before bringing a case :-)

Quote:
...put together something that can drastically improve the mileage and emission situation for the people of this country, make it public, and see what you'll encounter.
Honda did it for me, and I've been driving it for the last eight years. And biking longer than that, telecommuting, etc.