View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 02:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Kincurd
EcoModding Lurker

I am not saying that all skepticism and criticism towards Chinese bikes is unwarranted. That's why I've been really picky with what I set my eyes towards.

I also do not want to get this bike if getting parts for it is too much trouble. I want to establish contact with a parts supplier before I commit to actually buying.

Some people who don't trust the Chinese bike as a whole, trust the engine at least. It's true that they are putting more and more Chinese engines in scooters all across the board. Even the Europeans are enjoying the CF Moto engine.

Also, I do agree bikes have come an awfully long way since 1976. That much is obvious. One thing that doesn't really make sense to me, is to count on a vintage Honda as being more reliable than a Chinese bike, because it's a Honda. No one has tried to make that point here, but I've run into it elsewhere.

Anywho, the plan is to still take my chances with CF Moto. Still saving up money. I won't feel as bad taking this bike apart, if it's cheaper up front. Putting in my living room and modding it this winter sounds fun.