View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 08:05 AM   #17 (permalink)
jtbo
Master EcoModder

ZX - '97 Citroen ZX Monaco
OldContinents
90 day: 61.05 mpg (US)
Road limit 62mph or 74.5mph, but my car is only allowed to go 50mph, lot of those situations.

Main problem is that people don't estimate speed of other cars, they just check that there is a car, quick glimpse and think car will drive speed they would drive.

Luckily there is not many those kind of highways in here, but maybe that makes problem even worse.

Slowing down does not much good when there are several of them coming bumper to bumper at 55mph, when they should do 60 or more when merging, that would not be a problem then, but as they do 55 they are too slow to get all ahead, but I can't accelerate every time there is someone merging either, also changing speed is just adding the confusion of merger, so there is not much to do to them.

There is road sign, triangle on it's tip for a merger, it really is their job to do it properly, but I do help them every time it is possible, nobody just can't drive so well that it would made poorest driver to manage ok, there are sometimes situation where poor driver is getting pissed, that is they are so poor that they don't even see their own errors, like presuming speed instead of judging the speed.

It is important to remember that we are all on road together and everyone is just a piece in a puzzle, if everyone work together things work out, but if someone is not playing together then even efforts of all others are not enough to make traffic work, however better to keep trying and eventually more and more are trying, making traffic better.