Thread: Exhaust Header
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 08:30 AM   #10 (permalink)
cleanspeed1
Diesel Addict/No Cure

StolenHoopty - '90 Honda Accord EX

HvyDrnkr - '93 Cadillac Seville
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerohour View Post

I have the 2.5 SOHC, the torque is pretty flat for either engine. I'm trying to find charts for before and after header on the 2.5 sohc. I know i've seen them before. I believe it was in the range of a consistent 5-8 torque gain and ~10hp at the peak, and a few on the low end.

The intake tubing for my subaru has also been modified, result yielded worth wild difference in pull especially on hills.

Probably being subaru could fart up the hills in 4th @ 1700-2000 rpm, but instead it dumps to third and runs up to 2700-2800rpm, which the car begins to poop fuel economy at and above 3K.
Do you have a fuel consumption meter on the car? Didn't mention that you did, but it would be a good idea if you got one along with a A/F ratio monitor to see what the behavior of the EFI is like.

At 80k, for sure the transmission should be serviced and it would be a good idea to go synthetic front to back, as a previous poster has said.

I'd be curious about reprogramming first, before the header, since the exhaust manifold on the car stock will probably have higher velocity at that engine speed range ( 1700-2000 ) than a comparable header along with the heat retention.

Another option would be to take a stock exhaust manifold and get it Extrude Honed. Won't have to worry about fitment problems and a far sight cheaper than a custom header. Maybe get it barrier coated to reduce radiated temps so the computer does not back the timing off.