View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 02:20 PM   #20 (permalink)
jtbo
Master EcoModder

ZX - '97 Citroen ZX Monaco
OldContinents
90 day: 61.05 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
PS: pounsfos - hope you don't mind I added "tire" to your thread title. Want Google searchers using both spellings to find this discussion. (Assuming Google doesn't automatically use both - they're clever sometimes.)
Google seem to use both, I have tested with tire and tyre when searching data from tire sizes and seem not to matter how I type and I type it both ways without thinking as my english is horrible mix of US and UK english learned from web, so sorry about that.

I have put my tyres to 44psi, that is max pressure from tire sidewall, my tires are winter tires not meant to be used on hot summer, but they seem to cope that ok. For several winters and summers I have been on these same tires, currently having around 50 000 miles on them, which is about double what best summer tires manage here on our rough tarmac. Tire companies refuse to sell high mileage US tires here, so it is not unheard that tires will last only 15 000 miles, actually anything lasting over 20 000 miles is considered very good here.

I can still drive this summer with these tires, until I need new ones, I think that lot of it is from increased pressure, but I have not much data to back this up, only the fact that my mileage is about double of what others have managed with similar tires.