View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 10:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Daox
Administrator

CM400E - '81 Honda CM400E
90 day: 51.49 mpg (US)

Daox's Grey Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
Team Toyota
90 day: 49.53 mpg (US)

Daox's Insight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 64.33 mpg (US)

Swarthy - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage DE
Mitsubishi
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Daox's Volt - '13 Chevrolet Volt
Thanked 2,586 Times in 1,554 Posts
2012 PHEV Prius specs

I haven't seen these posted anywhere else, so I thought I'd post them up. They had a HUGE increase in pack voltage. Recharge time from a 110V outlet is only 3hrs which is really nice. The results of the test seem to be quite promising as well. I'm excited for this car because my daily commute is 14 miles. With a few ecomods I might be able to get away with no gas usage!

Quote:
Toyota’s Prius plug-in hybrid electric vehicle saves 41% more fuel than the basic Prius on trips of 31 miles (50 km) a day, according to results from the first year of on-road testing in Japan.

Actual fuel savings depends on how far people actually drive their PHEVs. El Chammas says 19 miles (30 km) a day saves 71% of fuel, compared with a hybrid Prius, and at 31 miles (50 km) a day, the savings is 41%.

Also good to keep in mind:
Quote:
It was no surprise the extremes of cold and hot weather reduced the range of the PHEVs. At 32° F (0º C), range is cut in half; above 77° F (25º C), when the air conditioning kicks in, the range sinks again.

“In some conditions, if you have very poor weather like -20º C (-4° F), the electrical efficiency will be very low,” El Chammas says. “But we can start the engine to heat the cabin and heat the battery, and then start using electricity. Thus, you can also optimize the thermal management system.”
More info here:
Prius Plug-In Proves More Fuel Efficient Than Hybrid Version in Road Trial

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	phevpriusspecs.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	8301