View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 10:22 AM   #25 (permalink)
highwaylizard
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
I would like to ask if you have any sets of data or repeatable testing protocols from which we can make our own inferences?

And I'm fairly certain he didn't mean you.
I do have data recorded in a spread sheet that needs to be organized. I pulled a trailer (3,000 pound parachute) for my landscaping business and tree service for the first couple of years I owned the truck. I need to better organize it to reflect which miles are pulling a trailer, which are unladen, which are city and which are highway.

I have been doing fuel economy research as it relates to my truck for years. I test devices, theories, aftermarket modifications, and build my own prototypes. I publish my findings on my blog. I believe my protocol is pretty good but am always open to constructive criticism.

My ram air intake scoop is connected directly to the air box and so I would guess the repeatable testing protocol would be to disconnect and run without it which I have done several times. The ram air scoop only provides significant measurable benefit on the highway.