View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 10:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Frankenstipe
Some Guy

2007 Toyota Corolla S - '07 Toyota Corolla S
90 day: 29.56 mpg (US)

Hachi-Roku - '87 Acura Integra LS
Copy/Pasted from April:

Quote:
I drive about 41 miles a day to work, 84 round trip (stop for coffee and donuts ), and have been averaging 38 MPG in my 07 Corolla S with 225/45/17 tires. Ignore the 32.71 average on the left, I only started driving slower a few tanks ago. I know I could do better with the stock tire size, especially considering the price of gas now, but I just love the looks and handling benefits too much, GRIP FTW! If I have to spend more than $60 per tank (11 gallons = $40 - $45 right now) of gas then the stock tires are definitly going back on but until then it's Griptastic Grip time.

I never accelerate much past 2k RPM's and have been cruising at 60 MPH. I'm too scared to cruise any slower on my commute home, people around here drive like mad crazy a**tards. The commute there is a good time to experiment with MPG though, not a lot of people on the road at 4 a.m.

Once I have enough for a Scangauge I'll start testing and post up again but I want to get my windows tinted first, summer here is a biat** and I'm wierd about using the A/C in my car. That and people won't be able to see who the a**hole is going 50 in a 65.

I'll be done with my first full tank of May in about a two days, so far looking ok, I let my sister drive back from SF and she drives 70 - 80 MPH so instead of getting 250-ish miles at the halfway mark I only got about 200. My guess is 34 MPG, which still isn't bad.

There will be at least another 3, maybe 4 fill ups for this month, I can get almost 400 miles out a tank and I commute exactly 420 miles a week (hehehe). But I need to start getting my car washed every 2 weeks now, the Valley get's crazy dirty in the Summer, and I use a car wash 10 or 15 miles away because they do a kick ass job.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3008712