View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 05:48 PM   #47 (permalink)
d0sitmatr
n00b.... sortof..

silver fire - '03 Mazda Protege5
90 day: 32.52 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthistle View Post
I also received the mesh yesterday and I made some bad choices for the mesh. On Amazon I was only looking at the %open area and did not consider the mesh sizes. So I ended up with some mesh that has very thick wires an will be difficult to work with. Went to wikipedia and learned something about mesh Mesh (scale) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and I have to order some more mesh that has thinner wires so it can be workable. I'll post what I have so you can see my mistake.
nice article to find there, gave it quick peruse but will give it more of a look later.
Quote:
d0sitmatr can you please give some suggestions about mesh sizes for ease of workability. The thinnest mesh I purchased was a 20x20 with a 0.023" wire diameter. Pages 392 and 393 of the McMaster-Carr catalog have a large selection of stainless steel meshes. McMaster-Carr
if your going to get something from there, just go with perforated aluminum. Im trying to decide what I want to work with, aluminum, steel or just get a PVC application.
Im leaning towards this:
PVC perforated
if your set on using mesh of some form or another, I wouldnt bother ordering something like that, Id just go to a screen shop, we tend to throw away enough screen to use, depending on the application