View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 10:53 AM   #122 (permalink)
orbywan
EcoModding Apprentice

My digital camera was in the repair shop when I did the camera install, but when I get it back next week I'll take some more photos and post them.

The side cameras were about as easy as it gets on this vehicle, pop the inside plastic pieces off, which exposes the three 10 mm bolts on either side, remove the mirrors, install the cameras in the old base of the mirrors.

The roof mounted tail cam was the hardest but not a big deal. A wide angle type of rear view mirror would serve the same purpose, but I'm a camera guy and I had four inputs to my monitor so what the hell.

The hardest part for most people will be figuring out a place to mount the monitor. I took out the factory CD player since it doesn't work and put it there for now. When I figure out what I want to replace the stereo with I'll relocate the monitor.

I used a 7 inch quad input monitor because it has two split screens on it. I put the upper and lower tailcams on one screen, and the two side cams on the second split screen, which is great for traffic. When I hit the turn signals the monitor goes full screen to whichever side I'm changing lanes to.

Now I just have to make the time to do the belly pan. I'm thinking about 4 wheel covers and fender skirts for the back but I'm not sure the increase would be worth the time and effort spent. That's the problem, you never know till you try. I'm shocked at what a difference the grille block, headlight covers and mirror delete made so I guess I just need to try it and stop biotching.
The Following User Says Thank You to orbywan For This Useful Post:
aerohead (06-20-2015)