View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 03:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
TomO
That VX guy!

The VX - '92 Honda Civic VX
Send a message via AIM to TomO Send a message via Yahoo to TomO
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffen707 View Post
i just bought some NGK V-power ZFR5f-11 for my VX swap. It had the crappy Bosch Platinums in it that you said suck. Hoping this will up my power on highway driving in lean burn to stay in it longer.
Good to hear you got rid of those Bosch plugs.....but the VX runs best wtih NGK V-Power ZFR4F-11 spark plugs. Would you be able to bring them back and exchange?
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffen707 View Post
Just drove 1.62 miles home from advanceauto, got 53mpg. (That is if these injectors have the same pulse as the previous motor. I thought both were 240cc. I hope honda didn't change the injectors, cuz i'm happy with 53mpg in town. Just gotta figure out this highway problem.
VX/CX injectors are supposed to be 190cc, this is another thing that can get confused a lot in the parts stores about the VX. Unfortunately there aren't any correlating part numbers I've seen to be able to tell what size an injector is on Hondas yet.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but hopefully you can get the right plugs, that will help a lot with the hesitations.