Thread: 1st mod
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 03:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
SwamiSalami
Easter McoModder

'99 Subaru OLL 2.5L - '99 Subaru Outback Legacy Limited
90 day: 22.57 mpg (US)

Rabbit - '08 VW Rabbit S
90 day: 32.93 mpg (US)
Also, Capnbass91, I noticed on your car's description that it "breaks down all the time and sucks the gas".

Once you're better acquainted with conservative driving practice and delicate maneuvering behind the wheel, I think you'll find that your sebring will not only get better mileage, but will also be more reliable and run smoother.

Of course, I don't know your car, however, I DO know that most automobiles respond quite positively to TLC. And, that typically (within the car's constraints) the car's mileage is a direct reflection of how the driver chooses to operate it!

With that said, I took the liberty of scrounging up some cold hard facts for you to chew upon. Remember me mentioning the importance of evidence? On Fuelly.com, there are 46 registered Chrysler Sebrings. Of those, there is literally only 1 that gets worse mileage than that reported by you in YOUR sebring. In fact, many of them averaged in the mid-20s! That's not bad for your car, is it?

Anyway, here's the link: Chrysler Sebring MPG Reports | Fuelly

Remember to consult the list of driving tips on this website and fuelly.com as well. They are great resources that offer exceptional insight into the behaviors that ultimately equal higher mileage!

All the best