View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 07:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cd
Ultimate Fail

Thanked 1,121 Times in 679 Posts
Thumbs down Girlfriend wants SUV ( it " looks nice " )

Why is it that just when you think you have so much in common with someone, you get a comment like "I just like the way it looks " when talking to your girlfriend about SUVs and their inefficiencies ?

My girlfriend wants a FJ Cruiser in bright yellow

I asked here what she likes about the looks of it. " I just think it is attractive."

So do you guys think that she finds it attractive - because it looks masculine ?
Typically women go for 'cute' cars that look cartoonish such as the Smart, the Beetle, and the Echo. These cars have small wheels and large areas of glass which make them look cartoonish.

Do you think an economy car that looked masculine could have the same effect on her ?

I will have to find a picture of an 'economy' car that looks muscular, and get her feedback on it. Any suggestions ?

Although she admits that the FJ cruiser is completely inefficient and unneeded, she still wants one based on looks alone. I think the bright yellow color might have the 'school bus safety placebo effect" as well.

My first thought is that it is simply Toyotas take on the Hummer - just look at the windshield angle. It is more of an FJ BRUISER to the Environment than anything.

rant over