View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 09:09 AM   #18 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
The wife had a Murano averaging 21.9 MPG (fact instrumentation). She gave it to her daughter after the daughter got rammed to the tune of 7500 in damage, so the grand kids were "safe". Tried to talk her into a Honda Fit "too small". Finally got her into a Rogue and she has averaged close to 29 MPG.

I have never heard a thanks for the almost 50% better mileage. One time driving the daughters Murano I was hitting 35 MPG on the Interstate at 60 MPH with some drafting help from a Uhaul box truck. Managed 33 MPG on a off Interstate road trip in the Rogue.

Never heard the end of the Chinese drip torture complaints about the lack of a power drivers seat or back up camera on the Rogue, or any appreciation whatsoever of the fact that we bought the Rogue for $18k on 1 Jan 09 when they were willing to discount it more than just about any other time in the great recession.

Meanwhile I am riding bikes (she would be seen dead on one) or my recycled Altima and trying to make up for her poor choice in fuel efficiency. Maybe I should just medicate myself and get hypnotized and programmed so I would realize how "lucky" I am.

regards
Mech