View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 03:31 PM   #29 (permalink)
spyderbite9001
EcoModding Lurker

Vic - '08 Honda Civic EX
90 day: 32.43 mpg (US)

ZED - '11 Honda CR-Z EX
I just bought my CR-Z 2 months ago and honestly, its the most fun you can have in a hybrid, for under $25k. Seriously, this is way more fun than the insight, prius, or any other vehicle out there.

I test drove the VW diesels, and while they are more powerful and a tad faster, the interior looks like it was built for the >50 crowd. I'm 22, and havent driven "alot" of cars, but i've driven every modern honda, toyota cars, ford trucks and was even blessed to drive a 911 turbo, but nothing is as much fun for so little money.

And, I get 39mpg even when I gas it around town. My best run to Denver was >55mpg. (I did play around with a VW rabbit who wouldnt get off my tail) If it werent for that, i probably would've topped 60.

Don't rag on the weight of the IMA (integrated motor assist) its not super powerful, however, you KNOW when it kicks in. That little 1.5L is slow, especially with the AC on, but you put it in sport mode, get those rpms over 4k and drop that clutch, there will be tire smoke.

Also, there is NO backseat in the US models. I know, it looks like one, but there isnt. Something about US headroom restrictions, I don't know.

Any more questions on my car, feel free to ask me. I'm in the process of learning the in's and out's of hypermiling with a manual, but theres a "ME MAN! ME WANT FAST!" part of me that always comes out at least 3 times per tank so I only average 39.