View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 09:14 PM   #333 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondo View Post
Frankly, I'm surprised to see this thread re-opened. Frankly, if you read this post you can see it is one individual who is the provoker. I have all but ended my involvement here at ecommoder due to such provocation.

Frankly, to quote the good Marine from Afghanistan, " I hope I never met them on the street!".

Bondo
I tend to agree with this post. It's sad when we allow a decent discussion to degrade into a mud slinging contest that is self perpetuating and totally useless.

My cars fuel mileage is actually dropping, because I only drive it in the rain, when I don't want to ride either of the bikes. 175 miles since the 4th of this month. Last month was 1 tank in 30 days.

Gas prices here seem to have peaked last week at $3.869 at Wall Mart, which is usually the best price. This Saturday in Surry county they dropped to $3.729 and then they started dropping on this side of the James River (Williamsburg). In Surry even the Premium was under $4.

Even riding the Rebel at Interstate speeds, sometimes over 70 MPH I still managed to hit 84 MPG on the last fill. I am experimenting with a lean back riding position that seems to reduce drag and frontal area considerably. Leaning forward into a normal tuck is to painful for this old man.

regards
Mech
The Following User Says Thank You to user removed For This Useful Post:
Christ (05-12-2011)