View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 09:21 PM   #33 (permalink)
hu_man
EcoModding Lurker

jakobnev thanks for the 3rd grade education. I was just trying to get my message out that it is not safe to over inflate the tires.

As mentioned before the suspension is not designed to work with a tire that bounces a lot. A over inflated tire on a rough road will bounce. It is the shocks job to keep it from continuing in this motion. If the tire is bouncing it is not on the road. If it is not on the road you have no control of the car.

I have been racing cars for over 35 years now and suspension is what keeps the car on the road. Yes the tires do also but if the suspension is not working properly you can not maintain control in the extreme. And it is in the extreme that I want control. Most of the time everything is fine it is when the idiot pulls out that you want complete control. If your willing to give up control for $77 a year go for it.

Me I will keep my tires at a presure that give me the most control over my car and spend my energies else were. A well tuned engine, driving habbits, and just not driving around to see the sites.
The Following User Says Thank You to hu_man For This Useful Post:
kanaloa (07-30-2011)