View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 11:57 PM   #23 (permalink)
cfg83
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
trebuchet03 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebuchet03 View Post

But I'm a gasser... and here's the twist! I have NO CLUE how load is calculated... It's a MKIV Jetta 2.0 - but load isn't what I expect. If I keep constant throttle while accelerating, load goes up. If I floor it at low speeds, load doesn't change much, and goes up with speed.... Just goofy... Not exactly related, but just throwing it out there that calculations seem to vary from car computer to car computer....
IMO this makes sense because OBDII is a specification that VW implemented. Each manufacturer has to meet the specification, but their implementation could lead to variations in output. In a VW service department, the custom VW software that interacts with their implementation could account for the variation, so probably no biggee. When the SG interacts with it, it may be "exposing" the variation.

If I was a manufacturer, I would emphasize the accuracy of sensor output that effects emissions requirements. Other than MPH and maybe throttle position, I don't know what that is because I'm not in the smog test business.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society