View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 02:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Drew
EcoModding Lurker

1st timer....1999 Civic HX

I just bought a used 99 Honda Civic HX. My gas bill has put a huge dent in my bank account. For the past 7 years I have been driving a Ford F150 (18 mpg at best). I finally woke up and realized I have dug a hole with my gas expenses. I've been looking for awhile and decided on older HX. Great on gas, low insurance and low personal property tax. A new car was out of the question this was just a one payment car.

The car is in great shape with 135,000 miles on it. Didn't know about the lean burn engine. So I just started my research on this. It's all new to me. How to find the sweet spot and when do you know your there are big questions for me. From what I have read the ScanGuage II is the easiest start. Any input would be great. I did a quick MPG the other day after I did 200 miles and I only got 33 MPG. This was city and highway with other people in the car. I filled up this Monday to see what I can get solo with my work commute (100 miles). I've only had the car for four days now and already this car is saving me money.

I like this site, from what I've read there is a lot of knowledge here.