View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 11:26 PM   #48 (permalink)
crmears
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by botsapper View Post
The usual boat tail (folding) wings @ recommended taper angles. While we're at it, shallower nosecones & boat tails on the AC units. (Optional: awnings removed). Front & rear wheel well covers. Just the start...
Your modifications to my photo amazed my wife...You thoughfully allowed for the tow vehicle by leaving room under the boat tail. Also you allowed room for the radiator to vent. Your mods to the wheel wells are exactly what I had planned. Thanks for the design ideas. I was thinking of extending the boat tail an addition 3 or 4 feet and bringing it to and egg shape. I actually plan to go more radical on the roof. Everything will be coming off. All the awnings will be coming off. I plan fairing in front of the rear dual wheels that will direct wind to the outside. I have 2 questions. Would a front air dam to about 4 inches be worth the effort?? My front axle is at about 6 inches above ground level. Is it important to do something to the panel seams, lips and edges around the windows??

Randy